Pinnacle Care Ltd. are running a Dementia Awareness – Dementia Friendly Communities group /team session for local community front-line workers, families affected by dementia, and their staff on 5th March in Kineton and 10th March 2015 in Rugby
These three-hour workshops are aimed at families of people living with dementia, who want to learn more about dementia and those working in front-line community, health and social care organisations, who may come into contact with people living with dementia, or their carers, as part of their day to day service provision (e.g. staff working in doctors surgeries, pharmacies, libraries, leisure centres, environmental health and housing officers, etc.).
The workshops have been commissioned by Warwickshire County Council through Public Health Warwickshire and will contribute to raising awareness and understanding of dementia – which is a key element of Warwickshire’s Living Well with Dementia Strategy. Sessions will also contribute to enhancing the skills of frontline workers and family members in “Making Every Contact Count”.
Attendance is free of charge. Refreshments will be provided.
|Thursday 5th March 5.30 - 8.30pm
||Tuesday 10th March 5.30 - 8.30pm
Kineton Village Hall
6 Mitchell Court
Castle Mound Way
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Be aware of the common types of dementia and its impact on those living with this condition
- Recognise that people with dementia are individuals and have unique needs and preferences
- Have an enhanced understanding of how people living with dementia can be supported to access and be included in their community. This will include an overview of Dementia Friendly Communities
- Have increased knowledge of ways in which they can enhance their personal communication and responses to become more dementia friendly
- Have enhanced knowledge and information on dementia services and sources of help and information in Warwickshire.
- Be aware of a range of further opportunities for developing their awareness of dementia, and/or commitment to becoming more dementia friendly (e.g. how to become a Dementia Friend)
We have a capacity for a maximum of 20 people to attend each workshop. To book please complete the form below. We will then be in touch to confirm your booking.